Pest Control Inspection CT – Termite Prevention Tips.
Liquid treatments are the most conventional method of termite control. This is effective because it creates a treatment zone around your CT home, which keeps termites from entering.
Termite Prevention Tips:
- Get rid of wood, cardboard debris and wood piles near the structure.
- Make sure there is proper ventilation in crawlspaces and basement.
- Reduce moisture buildup by keeping plants from coming into contact with outside walls.
- Do not allow wood or foam board to come into contact with soil.
- Make sure properly treated wood is used if wood must contact soil.
- Used lumber, furniture and other wooden articles should be carefully inspected for termite infestations.
- All windows, doors and vents, especially those in the attic, should be screened with 20 mesh screen to keep the reproductive insects from entering.
- Paint will give exposed wood protection against termite entry.
- Fill all cracks and crevices with putty or caulk before painting.
- Certain woods are naturally resistant to termite attacks. Among these are: heartwood of redwood, bald cypress, mahogany and Spanish cedar. Weathering, however, reduces the resistance.
Fun termite fact:
The queen of a certain termite species can lay 40,000 eggs per day.